Before you can begin to effectively plan ahead it’s critical to first do an assessment first of where you’ve been. With a proper assessment of the past year in your business and your life you can determine what went well, what did not, and what fell off the rails that may or may not need to be addressed again in the year ahead.
“Life can only be understood backward but it must be lived forward.” Niels Bohr
Take the time to understand your life and your business from the past year. Why? Well, here a few reasons that might resonate.
5 Reasons For Assessment First Before Business And Life Planning
- To acknowledge and celebrate the things that went well – so often we shrug off our successes and only focus on what is still wrong. This is a powerfully motivating step.
- To build on those successes and hit new heights in the year ahead – that’s growth!
- To see what you had intended to accomplish that fell off the rails – an opportunity to be totally truthful with yourself and your accountability this past year.
- To identify the things that blocked your best laid plans of last year – without knowing these you cannot move forward.
- To prevent repeating your history and ending up in the same spot again next year – it can be your best year yet if you prepare properly!
As a business owner the demands of work often lead to stress, overwhelm, and over working. These often lead to burnout and living way off balance from what you ultimately would like.
You might be so focused on the success of your business that you either deny this being an issue or have blindly accepted this to simply be the way that it is.
Well I’m here to say it does not have to be that way. There is an alternative path for you. One that can lead to greater freedom in your business so you can turn your energy, focus, and time to what you do best, what you love most, and where you can make the greatest impact of your businesses success.
You can be the high achiever you want to be in your business and in your industry.
That alternative path CAN ALSO deliver the freedom from your business that you want, when you want it, so that you can live the ideal life and lifestyle that you want.
It will allow you the freedom to reclaim abundant health delivering the energy and ability to do all that you want. It will allow the freedom to dedicate the time you want to your family and the most important people in your world.
It all starts with assessment first. One initial assessment is to determine how much stress, burnout, and imbalance has been impacting your business and your life.
To find out where you’re at take my Burnout To Balance Assessment right now. It’ll only take 5-10 minutes to complete and you’ll immediately know key areas in need of attention in your planning for the year ahead.
When you do take the step into planning for your year ahead consider my Annual Success Planning Program. I’ll help you use the knowledge you gain from your assessment process to clearly set your path and goals for the year ahead, prioritize them, and then create the plan you’ll need to achieve them.
Assessment first and then annual success planning are instrumental in helping you be a high achiever while you also live your ideal life!
Get started now and remember…
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Lao Tsu